The assertion of the Corredor Azul is strongly correlated with the articulation of its strategic poles and anchor elements. This territory has excellent conditions for hosting businesses, considering its amenities, but also its geostrategic location, namely its proximity to the Lisbon Metropolitan Area and its integration in the Lisbon/Sines/ Madrid strategic axis.
One should also consider the presence of Évora: the administrative capital of Alentejo, the home of the important University of Alentejo, a main hub city, a place of strong and dynamic business centers and urban areas and a main player in Alentejo’s development.
Main distinctive characteristics of the Corredor Azul territory:
- Proximity To Lisbon Metropolitan area and Spain;
- Geopolitical positioning as a commercial hub: the seaport of Sines - "Atlantic hub" and Elvas "Iberian hub";
- Business host areas available with large and modular dimensions;
- Strategic infrastructure – Sines seaport;
- Knowledge Centers - University of Évora, Elvas School of Agriculture, CEVALOR;
- Leading companies - market leaders in strategic industries (energy, marble processing, electronics, automotive, agriculture and food industry).